Vive la France
Being the first international incentive that this tyre manufacturer had run for its dealers in a number of years, it was really important that the program drove engagement and sales results, and strengthen bonds with their brand.
France was strategically chosen given it’s the lifeblood of our client, with the small town of Clermont-Ferrand at its heart. The location would showcase all the beauty and delights of France, and share the company’s proud history and traditions.
Success comes with challenges!
Over the course of the incentive period, the travel event gained terrific traction with the Dealers, to such a point, that the number of qualifiers doubled. This was a fantastic result for our client, but a result that meant that every single component of the program had to be changed just three months out from the travel date in order to cater for the increased numbers. This required Solterbeck to:
- Completely redevelop the program
- Work closely with supplier partners locally and internationally to check availability, re-book venues and functions, and negotiate cancellations to incur no penalties
- Make additional travel bookings, including purchasing extra train tickets and flights, negotiating prices and coordinating group travel
- Minimise cost implications at every point.
In Paris, the selected hotel advised that they didn’t have additional rooms. However, based on our strong relationship both with the hotel and their global sales team, we were able to have rooms released for our group booking, and secured every room we needed, for the original room price.
Over 60% of the group chose to extend through Europe. Requirements ranged from a single flight change to a full European itinerary. Solterbeck organised all bespoke extension travel arrangements…
- Including planes, trains, automobiles, cruises, VIP experiences and tours
- To 21 destinations – Dubai, Hong Kong, Singapore, Doha, Frankfurt, Munich, Berlin, Brussels, Avignon, Amsterdam, Rome, London, Venice, Florence, Warsaw, Krakow, Istanbul, Athens, Dublin, Basel, Paris, Barcelona.
- Including multiple stop itineraries – up to five stops for some couples!
"I write to you on the last day of our VLF Incentive trip and am happy to report that it’s been a great one. The dealers have had a lovely time in Paris and also enjoyed their visit to the heart of our company, Clermont- Ferrand. Both Jodie and Megan have been excellent, as always. They are a great asset to your team and we look forward to working with them again on our next programs."
"Just wanted to say a massive thanks from Ryan and I for everything you did for this Paris trip. It was by far the best ‘tyre’ trip we have been on and you were the most pleasant events team we have ever dealt with. We were so impressed with how you managed everything with a smile on your face – and a little giggle. Many thanks!!"
"Johanna and myself would like to congratulate you on the successful recent trip to France and the extension to Holland which was conducted by you in the most professional matter, your pleasant nature and the organisation of such a major event left us with the greatest admiration of you all and the firm you represent."